Head of EU Clearing
Jump established a mainland Europe footprint with the launch of our Amsterdam office in 2018. The office has steadily grown with exceptional talent and has rooted itself as the hub for managing its European trading activity. The office is at the forefront of everyday European trading events and has the feel of a small start-up with the benefits of being part of one of the leading quantitative trading firms in the world.
We are seeking to hire an experienced post-trade ops professional to lead the EU Clearing team in our growing Amsterdam office. You should have a strong financial operations, management, and business analysis skill set. As Head of EU Clearing, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of post-trade operations for the firm ensuring the reliability of the Firm’s trading across many trading venues and clearing and prime brokers.
Are you a highly organized, strong communicator, with a passion for our industry? Do you have a naturally analytical mind and intellectual curiosity that pushes you to reach your fullest potential? We require an individual with strong technical skills and a desire to join a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the overall EU Clearing team
- Partner with other internal stakeholders in owning and navigating external trading venue and clearing/prime broker relationships, helping to set priorities and the strategic direction of our clearing partners
- Work closely with the global Clearing team to create global standards of process and technology, and to set the back office roadmap needed to improve the team and support trading
- Assist with bringing new business (i.e. new products, markets, strategies, brokers, etc.) online, including having a strong involvement in Clearing requirement setting and determing the right clearing provider
- Assist with the continued development of Jump’s back office infrastructure and finding value-add opportunities to further leverage this infrastructure
- Assist with identifying and improving process deficiencies
- Regular communication with counterparties, prime brokers, traders, and various internal operations support teams in multiple regions
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of work experience in a post-trade operations capacity
- Experience managing an operations team or sub-team
Deep knowledge of post-trade lifecycles of Equities, Treasuries, Futures, FX, Options, and/or Swaps, etc.
- Vast network and experience with external post-trade relationship management, including technology vendors, clearing/prime brokers, etc.
- Strong project management and business analysis experience within financial operations, with demonstrated examples improving processes, supporting bringing new business online and working with Technology to build back office infrastructure
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to exercise good judgment and pro-active decision-making in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Accomplished communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal)
- Reliable and predictable availability