Quantitative Researcher, Trading Team
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
The quantitative trading teams at Jump Trading probe and examine the global markets, seeking to understand the complexities of various traded products and exchanges. They leverage their impeccable statistical analysis and data mining skills, using the results of their research to make forecasts and develop profitable predictive trading models.
What You'll Do:
Quantitative Researchers collect and analyze tens of thousands of data sets, identify patterns and extract insights into the complexities in financial markets. Researchers lean heavily on statistical analysis, machine learning, and data engineering skills; applying the results of their research to forecasts and predictive trading models. Jump’s Quantitative Researchers are constantly collaborating with other scientists, traders, hardware and software developers, and market facing business teams to push for the best expression of our new ideas.
Skills You'll Need:
- Creative thinkers who are driven, self-motivated, and eager to solve challenging problems
- Proven success with profitable trading strategies
- Strong programming skills in C++ in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks or support vector machines
- Strong experience developing statistical models in a trading environment
- Proven success working with large data sets and developing statistical models
- Fascinated and interested in advancing machine learning within the trading community
- Possess strong familiarity with Python, R or Matlab along with development skills to support research efforts
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics (or related subject)
- Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
If you are currently a student or recent graduate, please see our Campus postings which offer both intern and full-time opportunities.
Benefits- Discretionary bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care options
- Employer Paid Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs