Independent Supervisory Board Member
Jump Trading Europe B.V. (JTE) is incorporated in the Netherlands and operates with a two-tier Supervisory Board structure. JTE is an AFM-supervised investment firm that is part of the global Jump Trading Group and trades on its own account. The Supervisory Board supervises the policies of the Management Board and the general affairs of JTE and its enterprise, taking into account the relevant interests of the company’s stakeholders and to advise the Management Board. The supervision includes the effectiveness of the company's internal risk management and control systems, the integrity and quality of the financial reporting as well as the appropriateness of the company’s remuneration policy. The Supervisory Board also has due regard for sustainability issues.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in Supervisory Board meetings and chair other internal board committees as required (Remuneration Committee and/or Risk Committee).
- Provide leadership, challenge and strategic guidance to the Board of Directors and senior management team.
- Oversee the company's overall performance and financial results, ensuring that the firm operates in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Advise on future business plans and provide insight into market trends and opportunities.
- Help to identify and mitigate risks and ensure that the firm has effective risk management practices in place.
- Foster a positive culture within the organisation that promotes accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- Participate in relevant committees and working groups as required.
- Duties as member of the Supervisory Board should be performed faithfully, diligently and to a standard commensurate with the functions of the role and the commissioner’s knowledge, skills and experience.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Extensive experience in the financial industry, with a focus on investment and trading for own account.
- Previous experience serving on a Board of Directors, ideally as a Chairperson or Lead Independent Director.
- Strong understanding of applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards in the financial industry, particularly in the EU/Netherlands. Specific experience in compliance, finance, trading and/or technology would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of providing effective leadership and strategic guidance to a senior management team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- No current or recently terminated associations to any firm operating in the same business area as Jump Trading Europe B.V.
- Reliable and predictable availability
Expected Time Commitment
- As an Independent Supervisory Board Member, a candidate would typically be expected to commit approximately ten working days per year to this role.
- JTE promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment and believes in equal opportunities for equal skills. All candidates are welcomed, but in case of equal suitability of candidates, we will give preference to a woman.