Business Insights Analyst
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
As a member of our greater Finance team, you will be faced with new challenges that will continuously leave you looking for ways to add value to the team and business units. More specifically, the Business Insights and Process team partners with trading operations, technology and back office teams to leverage data in order
to make informed business decisions. As a Business Insights and Process Analyst you will have the opportunity to work with and own
key operational data while gaining a keen understanding of the use of this data across the firm. In this role, you will help the firm
operate more efficiently and assist teams in making informed business decisions by implementing enhanced data collection processes
and providing quality insights to key members of the firm.
What You’ll Do:
- Build an understanding of the firm’s operational data – everything from which services the firm has contracted for, to their use
within the trading infrastructure and operations, internal data sources housing metadata related to contracted services, and
- Maintain updated knowledge of business development, infrastructure, and internal system changes which can enhance the
quality of data capture.
- Manage the master data source for contracted services, including creation, updates, and deletion of data.
- Develop and design best practices for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information from source system and
translating to our internal data warehouse; monitor input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data.
- Perform needs assessment activities and work with internal development team to design effective programming and software
changes, as well as determine data storage requirements (e.g. new databases) and/or enhancements or modifications to
- Make recommendations for system enhancements; assist in testing and implementation of modifications and enhancements.
- Develop an understanding of internal data sources that can be used to reconcile against vendor billings and own reconciliations between data inputs and vendor invoicing, including identifying and resolving discrepancies between contracted expectations and vendor billing, and utilizing system reporting to validate balances between systems.
- Analyze data and calibrate reporting to deliver actionable insights to decision makers with an eye for what drives efficiency, productivity, and overall business performance.
- Consult with and advise the business on the use and interpretation of data and collaborate as appropriate in the structuring and development of data requirements and business reporting needs.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of work experience in an analytical or business research related field such as Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Proven data management capability
- Proactive thinker and strong team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and global offices
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving
- Strong written, oral, and visual presentation skills
- Experience with excel, SQL, and python desired
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs