Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Jump Trading is looking for a Logistics Technician on a contract to hire basis to support the Jump Trading and TowerPros teams’ warehouse operations. In this role, you’ll work to ensure logistics continuity for a world class support team responsible for developing and maintaining high-performance technology infrastructure to facilitate our latency sensitive trading activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Accurately locate, gather, and properly package items for safe shipping and distribution.
- Assist with international and domestic shipping needs and provide the required documentation for the goods as well as notify end location of incoming shipment.
- Receive and inspect inventory by various delivery means that would include unloading trucks.
- Check-in assets, match purchase orders to sales invoices, and distribute assets to internal inventory, Field & Datacenter Technicians, and various other sites via automated warehousing tool.
- Accurately read work orders, shipping orders, emails, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and shipped.
- Utilize technology, including the company inventory management software, to effectively report and track incoming and outgoing shipments of assets and record other changes to the inventory counts at the warehouse location.
- Sort incoming shipments and organize appropriately within the warehouse.
- Coordinate effectively with Field & Datacenter Technicians and Logistics Manager to ensure that all sites and personnel have the parts, tools, and equipment they need to complete their assignments.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible, safe, and very clean in all areas for employees, salespeople, and customer traffic.
- Travel to other warehouse locations and job sites to train and assist with deliveries as needed.
- Assist in periodical counting of all physical assets in coordination with the Logistics Manager.
- Report any needs for tools, equipment, or supplies to Logistics Manager in a timely manner.
- Manage reorder points along with Procurement in the inventory management system to proactively reorder critical items when needed.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Previous basic warehouse, inventory, and electronics experience.
- A good driving record.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is required; a combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Strong foundation of technical and troubleshooting skills within the warehouse logistics and inventory management space.
- Proven ability to work independently as a motivated self-starter.
- Willingness to help data center and field technicians on daily tasks when required or when warehouse work isn’t as demanding.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and to be able to escalate and ask questions of the broader team when needed.
- Aptitude for learning mechanical skills and the ability to do basic equipment assembly, testing, and disassembly.
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous record keeping.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including strong capabilities with Outlook and Excel.
- Experience in NetSuite and JIRA a plus.
- Ability to load and unload pallets, open boxes and crates, use a pallet jack, and climb stairs to approximately 10-12 feet to store and gather various equipment and assets.
- Reliable and predictable availability.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. You will also occasionally be required to sit for long periods of time, drive a vehicle, climb ladders, or balance. Candidate must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds and could occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Ability to operate forklift and learn other industrial equipment as needed for field support.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment when necessary is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.