Business Insights Analyst, Fees
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Jump established a global footprint with the launch of our London office in 2009. With every passing year, the office has steadily grown with exceptional talent and has rooted itself as the hub for managing Jump’s European operations. Working in our London office brings together the best of two worlds; A start-up environment powered by Global Jump Trading dedication and resources. In this environment you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, take on direct responsibility and further your knowledge in the financial space. At Jump, we attribute our success to the talent of our people and the collaborative culture across our global teams. The people who thrive here value connectedness both at the local level and firm wide.
The Business Insights Analyst, focused on fees, is a member of the Business Insights team within the Finance Department, working cross-functionally with Clearing, Software Development, Treasury, and Legal to streamline data capture, access, and distribution of fee related data, as well as provide data analysis to inform emerging business trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate the business environment and anticipate business and technical requirements; Uncover areas for improvement and assist in the development of business requirements and implementation of solutions; lead ongoing reviews of business processes
- Interpret exchange circulars, clearing and brokerage agreements, and other exchange notifications in consultation with Legal and Business Development; abstract and translate information to summarize fee expectations within fee system and/or define requirements where system functionality is limited
- Maintain fee accuracy through continuous monitoring of the fee system. Validate information against exchange and broker supporting documentation and make necessary changes to fee system
- Research and resolve information discrepancies; Address issues and concerns raised by business stakeholders as it relates to fees
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization based on historical trading activity, particularly as it relates to exchange and broker incentive programs.
- Assist in interpreting and reporting on company performance in light of the business environment.
- Effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders to gain understanding and agreement on fee obligations and incentive programs
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in business analysis or related business research field such as Accounting, Finance, and Economics
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work collaboratively across teams and global offices
- Proven data management capability
- Proactive thinker and strong team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written, oral, and visual presentation skills
- Experience with excel, SQL, and python desired, but not required
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs