Quantitative Trader, Central Trade Desk
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Jump established a mainland Europe footprint with the launch of our Amsterdam office in 2018. The office has steadily grown with exceptional talent and has rooted itself as the hub for managing its European trading activity. The office is at the forefront of everyday European trading events and has the feel of a small start-up with the benefits of being part of one of the leading quantitative trading firms in the world.
If you have a passion for trading, we encourage you to explore this opportunity within our Global Centralized Trading Desk. ("OTS"). OTS is a centralized trading team that works with each of the quantitative trading teams at Jump to provide strategy oversight and management, market knowledge, and technical and analytical firepower. Trading in OTS involves being on the front-line in response to emerging economic conditions, breaking news, and international affairs, and offers an in-depth view not only of the financial markets but also of the high-frequency trading landscape both within and outside Jump. Within this role you will develop skills to manage risk, debug challenging infrastructure issues, and ultimately fine-tune algorithmic strategies on-the-fly to ensure optimal performance in reaction to constantly changing markets.
OTS also performs an important role as a firm-wide research group, whether this involves developing new tools to enhance our understanding of the markets, performing analysis on strategy performance, or analysing Jump’s extensive infrastructure. The role is very open in this area and allows analysts to specialise and provide value wherever they see fit.
We are looking for a Quantitative Trader with a passion for financial markets and exceptional technical skills to join one of our growing trading teams in Amsterdam.
What you'll do:
- Be on the front line in trading the global markets through changing economic conditions and market events
- Interweave alpha, execution and cutting-edge technology, optimising latency, and maximising strategy PnL
- Tackle operational challenges, ensuring our automated trading systems are continuously operating at maximum performance
- Collaborate with colleagues and own projects related to using data to analyze new opportunities
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills you’ll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar with high academic achievements
- A passion for trading and the financial markets
- Strong understanding of Linux admin and shell scripting
- Excellent knowledge of Python and C++ or similar languages
- Solid mathematical foundations
- Ability to multitask and thrive under pressure
- Reliable and predictable availability.
- Good understanding of Linux admin
- Experience with Python
- Shell scripting (ksh or bash)
- Statistics and machine learning