Blockchain Security Engineer (Contractor)
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here. Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
- Audit smart contracts that serve as critical infrastructure to blockchain, cryptocurrency, and other decentralized technologies
- Lead internal and external security assessments of blockchain technologies.
- Participate in risk assessment, threat modeling, and other security exercises.
- Design, build, and implement security solutions to support open-source blockchain projects.
- Manage or train other engineers both internal to Jump, as well as within the crypto community, to help projects scale safely.
- Contribute to our security bug bounty programs, helping validate and fix reported vulnerabilities.
- Advise both closed and open source projects to improve their security posture.
- Develop security automation tooling for SAST, DAST, and CI/CD frameworks.
- Manage fast-moving priorities and help shape product security strategy.
- Collaborate with community members via channels such as Slack, Discord, and Telegram.
- Write clear and concise documentation to support a security-focused SDLC.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Smart Contract Auditing (Solidity or other smart contract languages)
- Familiarity with Web3, DeFi protocols, Cryptocurrency, EVM, DAOs, and NFTs
- Strong interest in securing logic and applications that will accelerate the adoption of the decentralized future
- Experience with reverse engineering complex systems.
- Knowledge and application of secrets management, data encryption, key management, PKI, distributed ledgers and tokenization
- Experienced in architecting, or contributing to, mid-to-large scale software projects
- Experience with securing cloud environments and container platforms
- Experience with leading penetration tests, red team exercises, bug bounty programs, or CTFs
- Excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced and lean organization with evolving focuses and priorities
- Kind, communicative, resourceful, self-sufficient, curious, and able to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Reliable and predictable availability