Campus Data Engineer (intern)
Data Engineering Internship (Singapore)
*Candidates should be interested in working in Singapore for their full-time job after graduation.
About the Role:
Our data engineer internship is an intensive 10-week experience at Jump Trading's Singapore office. You will be working with our engineers and receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor throughout the summer.
You will use Python and various data engineering and analytics libraries to develop and maintain the infrastructure that supports data for firm wide use. Our data engineering team is tasked with the critical work of ensuring data integrity within our live distribution system to enable production trading. Other duties as assigned or needed.
At Jump, you will experience a healthy work-life balance, a casual environment, and a flat management structure. You will be working side by side with our experienced data engineers and you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor throughout the summer.
Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young talent, and it’s a proven path for earning full-time opportunities at Jump.
Hands-on experience and a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Python development on Linux platform
- Strong understanding of data structures and threading models
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment, deploying new software daily
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning to build optimal solutions from scratch, instead of simply assembling things from existing libraries
- Interest in using knowledge from several areas -- such as data pipelining and database management -- to ensure firm wide data integrity
- Reliable and predictable availability
* No finance or economics study or work experience required
Also helpful, but not required:
- Past internship or job experience in a data engineering role is a plus
- Advanced coursework in algorithms, relational databases (SQL Server, Sybase MySQL)
- Exposure to data analytics tools such as Pandas