Campus FPGA Engineer (Intern)
*NOTE - We accept students needing placements or otherwise extended internships. We also allow internships to take place during a non-summer term (for example - the winter, spring, or fall months) if preferable
We’re looking for brilliant engineering talent to join our FPGA team that is building next-generation, ultra-low-latency systems to power trading with machine learning and other algorithms on a global scale.
You’ll work alongside a small team of experienced engineers who came to Jump from leading companies in FPGAs, semiconductors, networking cards, and more… as well as PhDs from top FPGA research labs around the world.
This is an opportunity to work on complex problems around networking, high performance computing, and real-time acceleration where we can't just use off-the-shelf hardware. Other duties as assigned or needed.
What you’ll need:
- Undergraduate or Graduate concentration in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related areas
- Experience with FPGA or other hardware/systems design and development
- Experience with RTL (SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL)
- Previous internship experience in hardware or low-level software engineering
- Experience with C, C++, or Python
- Passion for solving complex problems and ability to draw upon knowledge and experience from a variety of technical areas to produce extremely high-performance solutions
- Reliable and predictable availability
Other helpful and related experience:
- lowRISC or RISC-V
- CocoTB, Chisel, Opencore, or Bluespec
- HLS or OpenCL
- Any programming close to the metal with CPU, GPU, microprocessors, etc.
- Linux kernel and driver programming
- Robotics, Telecommunications, or High Speed Networking
- Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Excellent marks in courses such as computer architecture, digital design, design verification