Campus UI Software Engineer (Intern)
Web Dev / UI Software Engineering Internship (London)
*NOTE - We accept students needing placements or otherwise extended internships. We also allow internships to take place during a non-summer term (for example - the winter, spring, or fall months) if preferable.
About the Role:
Our Web Dev / UI software engineering internship is an intensive 10-week experience at Jump Trading.
Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young software engineers for our core development team, and it’s a proven path for earning full-time or return internship opportunities at Jump Trading in London.
You will take on projects working on production code and gain experience with our full-cycle process for development, testing, and release using Agile methodologies. May also include other duties as assigned or needed.
What You'll Need:
- Hands-on experience and a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Python development on Linux platform
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and threading models
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment, deploying new software daily
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning to build optimal solutions from scratch, instead of simply assembling things from existing libraries Interest in using knowledge from several areas -- such as hardware, networking, OS design -- to produce extremely high-performance software
- Reliable and predictable availability
* No finance or economics study or work experience required
Also helpful, but not required:
- Past internship or job experience in a software development role is a plus