Campus Software Engineer (Intern)
Software Engineering Internship, Bristol
*NOTE - We accept students needing placements or otherwise extended internships. We also allow internships to take place during a non-summer term (for example - the winter, spring, or fall months) if preferable.
About the Role:
Our software engineering internship is an intensive experience within our core development team that designs, codes, tests, and maintains our distributed trading system.
You will learn the fundamentals of a large-scale, high-performance infrastructure; sharpen your C++ programming skills; and see what it’s like to work as a full-time software engineer at Jump.
Throughout your internship you will take on projects targeted for production, which go through our full-cycle process for development, testing, and release using Agile methodologies.
You will be working side by side with our experienced software engineers and you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor throughout the summer. May include other duties as assigned or needed.
Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young software engineers for our core development team, and it’s a proven path for earning full-time opportunities at Jump.
What You'll Need:
- Hands-on experience and a high level of proficiency in one or both of the following:
- C++ development on Linux platform
- Python development on Linux platform
- Strong understanding of data structures and threading models
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment, deploying new software daily
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning to build optimal solutions from scratch, instead of simply assembling things from existing libraries
- Interest in using knowledge from several areas -- such as hardware, networking, OS design -- to produce extremely high-performance software
- Reliable and predictable availability.
* No finance or economics study or work experience required
Other Helpful and Related Experience:
- Past internship or job experience in a software development role is a plus
- Advanced coursework in algorithms, network programming, operating systems, compilers