Campus Software Engineer (Intern)
About the Software Engineer Internship:
Our software engineering internship is an intensive 10-week experience with our technology team that designs, codes, tests, and maintains our distributed trading system and one of the world’s largest supercomputers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will be working side by side with our experienced software engineers and you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor throughout the summer. Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young software engineers for our core development team, and it’s a proven path for earning full-time opportunities at Jump.
In the next phase of the internship, you will take on projects working on production code and gain experience with our full-cycle process for development, testing, and release using Agile methodologies. You will apply your programming and analysis skills to contribute to our real-time large-scale, high-performance trading platform and related infrastructure.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Hands-on experience and a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following:
- C++ development on Linux platform
- Python development on Linux platform
- Strong understanding of data structures and threading models
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment, deploying new software daily
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning to build optimal solutions from scratch, instead of simply assembling things from existing libraries
- Interest in using knowledge from several areas -- such as hardware, networking, OS design -- to produce extremely high-performance software
* No finance or economics study or work experience required
- Past internship or job experience in a software development role is a plus
- Advanced coursework in algorithms, network programming, operating systems, compilers