Jump Trading Field Services is looking for a technically competent Field Engineer to Build, Maintain and Optimize a Sophisticated high performance Wireless Network
Jump Trading Field Services is the dedicated field operations and engineering team for a technology driven trading firm. It is our responsibility to build, maintain and continually optimize a first in class wireless network that rivals the fast-paced evolving landscape in multiple financial markets. This is a position for Engineers / Rigging climbers that are truly interested in having their skillsets consistently challenged and actively want to learn new skills as the needs of the business grow. We are focused on a team environment and the most successful applicants will work as part of a team to constantly deliver and improve on the work produced.
Job Profile Summary
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the execution of site technical tasks relating to installing, commissioning and upgrading of telecommunications equipment. Incumbents actively support from the field, test, and troubleshoot a wide range of technical, IP-based equipment on tower & rooftop-based sites.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensures site tasks, including planned & maintenance calls, are performed in an efficient manner regarding safe working practices and quality procedures.
- Ensures compliance with client requirements, standards, and accreditation.
- Production of sites test data and handover information in a timely manner.
- Develops relationships with appropriate client representatives including but not limited to, Regional Health and Safety Managers, Quality audit teams, Tech Ops representatives and Project Managers.
- Obtains and utilizes expertise in client technical requirements, specs, systems and working practices.
- Meets on call SLA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Health and Safety and QMS Policies.
- Any other duties that the company may reasonably determine from time to time.
- A working knowledge and adherence to HSE Management system at all times, with regards to your role, department, project or site requirements.
- Must be able to climb up to 1000’ feet, but most heights are between 150’ to 400’.
- Rigging – must be able to attach ropes, slings, and pulleys to tower and lift loads up to 1500lbs with the hoist/winches.
- Mounting equipment on the tower – Must be able to mount dishes, radios and other tower equipment while suspended in a climbing harness.
- Loading and uploading rigging trailers and trucks – must be able to lift up to 75lbs into rigging trailer or 4 x 4 vehicles. Able to move large spools of cable using correct manual handling techniques.
- There is a requirement to work a periodic on call Rota and prolonged site works that will require periods away from home, including weekends.
- Data Centre, Network Support and troubleshooting with installation and commissioning of equipment during, out of hours maintenance windows.
- European travel will be required.
- Testing and developing of equipment pre and post deployment in an on-site laboratory environment.
- Assist with Goods in and out as required and building BOMs for deployment.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You’ll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role working with microwave and millimeter technology.
- Ability to regularly travel throughout Europe, have weekend availability, and be able to perform “on-call” duties on a rotating basis is required.
- Installation of steel structures to towers or other structures to facilitate the installation of telecommunications equipment and antennas.
- Microwave antenna & equipment installation, path alignment, and troubleshooting.
- Previous Tower Certification (Authorized Climber/Rescuer) required.
- Previous CPR/First aid training preferred.
- Experience with AC and DC power systems.
- Experience installing fibre optic cable. Experience troubleshooting fibre with OTDR and fusion splicing experience preferred.
- Experience with various sizes and types of coax cabling from ½” to 1 7/8”; Must be capable of cable termination with various connectors; Troubleshooting with Site master or similar equipment preferred.
- Experience using spectrum analyzer preferred.
- Basic networking knowledge, to include subnetting.
- Intermediate knowledge of RF theory / Signal flow.
- Intermediate knowledge of fiber optics and cabling best practices.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office applications and have intermediate to advanced general PC knowledge.
- Proven ability to maintain clean, safe, and orderly working environments.
- Safely operate all supporting equipment, including vehicles, and rigging equipment.
- Must be highly motivated and proactive.
- Ability to travel for an extended period in a vehicle and then perform duties once on site.
- Strong analytic and creative problem-solving abilities required.
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks, as needed.
- Flexibility with regards to work priority changes.
- Good time management.
- Reliable and predictable availability