Software Engineer, Compliance
This individual will be part of the development group with main responsibilities for developing and maintaining systems and tools for post trade reporting and analysis. Working with the state-of-the-art proprietary technologies and our Compliance department you will be responsible for analyzing trends and anomalies and building data reporting services.
If you are a tech-savvy individual who enjoys the challenges of solving difficult technical problems in a fast-paced, energetic environment, then this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop tools to assist in the review and analysis of trading activity that involves Big Data.
- Maintain the current and develop a new infrastructure and surveillance reporting to respond to data requests.
- Develop and implement procedures so that the data is maintained to stay consistent with regulatory data retention requirements.
- Ownership over the daily functionalities of various databases and monitoring systems.
- Work alongside Core Development and Risk to ensure all systems are compliant and identify opportunities to efficiently maintain and query data.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong scripting skills using Python or equivalent
- Programming skills, C++ preferred
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with Django or other web development tools
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and ODBC
- Experience with ETL tools helpful.
- Familiarity with Finra/SEC reporting rules is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or its equivalent.
- Reliable and predictable availability
Benefits- Discretionary bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care options
- Employer Paid Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs