Field Engineer/Microwave Tower Technician
TowerPros is seeking technically competent Field Engineer/Tower Climbers to build and maintain a sophisticated high performance wireless network in Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio.
What You’ll Do:
- Promptly respond to network outages. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- New construction and maintenance of existing infrastructure on towers, rooftops, and other communication structures that ensure consistent, best-in-class quality and reliability.
- Proactively communicate realistic timeline expectations for assigned tasks.
- Provide informational daily reporting on job progress and operational or maintenance issues.
- Become the on-site technical resource for sub-contractors during new construction.
- Terminate and splice fiber using cutting edge equipment and techniques.
- Participate in continuous trainings for new skillsets.
- Regular completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications.
- Safely operate all supporting equipment, including vehicles, and rigging equipment.
- Regular daily travel.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Previously certified in a Tower rescue course (Authorized Climber/Rescue).
- Experience rigging various communication structures and working with a capstan winch.
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks, as needed.
- Reliable and predictable availability.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be highly motivated and proactive.
- Basic network and subnetting knowledge.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office and using a PC.
- Ability to maintain clean, safe, and orderly working environments.
- Flexibility with regards to work priority changes.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Microwave technology and/or millimeter experience.
- Experience with installation of mounts to towers and other communication structures.
- Microwave antenna & equipment installation, path alignment, and troubleshooting.
- Experience and knowledge of AC and DC power systems including wiring of both types.
- Experience with fusion splicing and troubleshooting fiber with OTDR.
- Experience terminating and installing various sizes and types of coax cabling from 3/8 to 1”.
- Capable of troubleshooting with Spectrum Analyzer and Cable/Antenna Analyzer.
- Knowledge of RF theory and understanding of signal flow concepts.
- Knowledge of various industry best practices for cabling, safety, and rigging.
- Valid OSHA 10 certification preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced PC knowledge.
- Ability to competently climb all types of structures and towers up to 600 ft if required; Majority of towers climbed are between 150-400ft.
- Travel is 60% - 100%. - Deploy from home, must be able to park take-home work vehicle.
- Operations are typically between Toledo OH and Allentown PA along I-80.
- Occasional travel outside of these areas will be required as needed.
- Overnight stays will be required. Frequency is dependent on travel distance.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and on call required. Occasional weekend work is required as needed or as part of on-call.
- Willingness to work outside or inside in hot and cold weather conditions for long periods of time if required.
- Long haul driving, sometimes up to 10 hours in a work shift; Majority of driving is between 1- 4 hours.
- Required to be on feet/standing in one place 60% to 100% of the time.
- Required to lift/carry equipment and tools as follows:
- Over 150 lbs. – 1% of the time
- 75 – 150 lbs. – 5% of the time
- 25 to 75 lbs. – 50% of the time
- 1 to 25 lbs. – 90% of the time
Any offer for this position shall be subject to TowerPros' receipt of background check results, driving records, and drug screening, as permitted by applicable law.
Benefits include:- Overtime eligibility
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs