Jump established a mainland Europe footprint with the launch of our Amsterdam office in 2018. The office has steadily grown with exceptional talent and has rooted itself as the hub for managing its European trading activity. The office is at the forefront of everyday European trading events and has the feel of a small start-up with the benefits of being part of one of the leading quantitative trading firms in the world.
As a Finance Manager within the global finance organization, you will be responsible for managing the preparation and timely and accurate submission of our European regulatory reports and annual audited financial statements for our European trading entity. In this role, you will collaborate closely with other members of accounting, treasury, tax, compliance, risk, clearing, and other back-office support functions. You will be faced with new challenges that will continuously leave you looking for ways to help and support the team and firm.
Are you a highly organized, strong communicator, with a passion for our industry? Do you have a naturally analytical mind and intellectual curiosity that pushes you to reach your fullest potential? We require an individual with strong technical skills and a desire to join a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
What you'll do:
• Manage the production of all applicable European regulatory reports – COREP, FINREP, MSR/MESREP
• Manage the production of various annual filings such as ICARAP document, Recovery and resolution plan, Pillar 3 etc.
• Development of robust improvements and controls within the regulatory reporting environment.
• Performing Analytical review explaining key movements.
• Manage the Preparation of policy/procedure documentations in relation to Regulatory reporting including interpretations of new regulations.
• Subject matter expert within the European regulatory environment.
• Work closely with other peers and lobby firm to ensure a collaborative work towards common objectives.
• Assist in any ad-hoc requests from regulators.
• Working in partnership with the business with respect to new products/business onboarding.
• Ensure timely, accurate completion of related special project/analysis work and other ad hoc tasks as requested of direct manager, controller, and/or CFO.
• Prepare and present various internal management information for the purposes of various steering committees such as Exco, Risk co, Board meetings.
• Liaison with Regulators to ensure compliance to prescribed standards.
• Manage the preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts for the European trading entity, including compliance with each applicable local GAAP standards.
• Assist in the coordination of annual audit activities of external auditors; manage communication with external auditors on external financial statement drafts and accounting issues.
• Assist in preparing policy/procedure documentation in relation to Statutory accounts.
• Support month end and year end close processes.
• Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills you'll need:
• At least seven years of European Regulatory reporting experience.
• Knowledge of CRD IV and Investment Firm Regime.
• Familiarity with COREP/FINREP reports
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required (CPA or international equivalent, preferred)
• Ability to work independently and take initiative to define and resolve problems.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and excellent documentation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible, conscientious, and easily adaptable to constant change
• Professional demeanour and ability to use discretion when working with confidential material.
• Collaborative and able to build and sustain relationships with colleagues.
• Reliable and predictable availability