Senior HR Business Partner
The HR team helps protect the firm’s largest investment, our people. We are seeking a Senior HR Business Partner with experience in a high growth environment, who demonstrates the proven ability to see big picture people strategy needs and is an experienced & flexible partner to the business in supporting talent development, driving optimum performance, thoughtful leadership, and change management.
This position within the global HR team is uniquely centered to drive and take ownership of maintaining a strong company culture by solving complex organizational challenges due to our evolving business needs. We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and business savvy contributor, who demonstrates proven success to influence managers and employees at all levels of the firm. The ideal candidate doesn’t just love working with people, they value and understand the business impact they can make by creating a great place to work for all our employees.
Our team achieves results by being innovative, driven, collaborative, trustworthy and genuinely caring about what we do & who we work with. This role is both hands-on and strategic and provides expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management and ad hoc projects as necessary.
What You'll Do:
- Identify solutions for improving employee experience, promoting our culture, employee engagement, succession planning efforts, and retention of critical talent with alignment to our company cultural values. Provide mentorship and feedback to build management capabilities and empower leaders to manage change successfully.
- Be a thought partner to our leaders to strengthen and support their leadership skills in performance coaching, addressing difficult conversations, and general employee relations challenges. Recommend agile solutions to encourage continuous improvements regarding workforce planning and organizational efficiency. Provide feedback on development, training, department transfers, and/or off-boarding scenarios in a very flat organization that offers constant learning opportunities.
- Be a culture carrier throughout the firm. Ensure team and people strategies reflect our core values.
- Be a connector with the members of the global People Operations function. Actively seek out opportunities to communicate key updates and share good practice & innovation. Build & enhance relationships to optimize connections and build important context which makes us all smarter & more efficient.
- Be an influencer to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues.
- Collaborate with business leaders to interpret the business strategy to promote & network global people moves & career opportunities.
- Understand and represent the needs of your business region. Share knowledge and influence HR operations upgrades and process improvements to ensure continual evolution within the HR support function.
- Contribute to the overall global HR operational processes such as merit and bonus process, global mobility transfers, leave management, etc. Be comfortable suggesting areas of process improvement and identifying new trends and opportunities to constantly raise the bar on HR deliverables.
- Develop, support, and communicate guidelines and procedures with a flexible mindset approach. Partner closely with Legal, Compliance, and senior management on local, regional, and/or global impact changes or updates. Ensure compliance with all legal employment requirements, documents, and employment agreements such as non-solicitation, non-compete, and confidentiality obligations.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Strong business acumen to understand and translate daily business and people challenges.
- Desire & passion to mentor our HR team members as well as the manager & employee community.
- Genuine care for people and making those around you better.
- Be able to constructive challenge & influence change throughout the business.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships in a fast, ever-changing work environment.
- Superior listening skills: practice active listening to what is said, what is not said, and how it said by others.
- Powerful questioning skills to skillfully select questions that can broaden or narrow, deepen or lighten a conversation.
- Strategic thinking skills. Partner with managers on their annual strategy, priorities and planning.
- Agility to spot opportunities, threats and enacts recommendations to implement change quickly across globally diverse, virtual, cross-organizational teams.
- Genuine curiosity, empathetic attitude, and strong desire to continuously learn, grow, and develop others.
- Ability to influence decisions and socialize ideas in a global matrix management organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a busy, demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, and keen attention to detail.
- Master of communicating and navigating sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Desire to gain broad lateral working experiences and skills within people operations rather than vertical advancement.
- Sense of humor and passion for working within a People Ops team.
- Reliable and predictable availability.
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, business consulting, or related field.
- At least 7 years as an HRBP (in Technology, Financial Services industry, or start-up environment highly desired).
- At least 10 years of progressive HR experience in employee relations, talent management, compensation, performance management, global mobility, benefits, onboarding, and recruitment.
- Experience with HRIS systems such as Workday, Greenhouse, and other systems such as Confluence and JIRA.
- Strong functional knowledge of the full life cycle of an employee experience.
- Experience with managing and thriving in ambiguity by dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Experience in leading HR for both exempt and non-exempt employees.