Quantitative Researcher, Trading Team
Jump’s London office is the hub for managing Jump’s substantial United Kingdom, European and expanding Middle Eastern operations, which includes all aspects of Jump’s robust activities, including quantitative research and development, trading, trading and back office systems development, and venture and strategic investments. Working in the London office has the feel of a smaller company with the benefits of being an integral part of one of the world’s leading global quantitative trading firms. Our Amsterdam office was born in 2018 as our first step into mainland Europe. Amsterdam is at the forefront of everyday European Trading events.
What You'll Do:
Quantitative Researchers at Jump Trading collect data and analyse the global markets, seeking to uncover patterns and understand the complexities of the global financial markets. They leverage statistical analysis and data mining skills, using the results of their research to make forecasts and develop profitable predictive trading models. Jump’s Quantitative Researchers collaborate extensively within their trading teams to create and optimize trading strategies and advance the sophistication and results of their research, as well as work with members of the firm in technology and business roles to contribute to leading electronic trading strategies. Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Proven success with profitable trading strategies.
- Strong programming skills in C++/Python in a Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks, or support vector machines.
- Strong experience developing statistical models in a trading environment.
- Proven success working with large data sets and developing statistical models.
- Fascinated and interested in advancing machine learning within the trading community.
- Possess strong familiarity with Python, R or MATLAB along with development skills to support research efforts.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics (or related subject).
- Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment.
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs