Iron Fish is a new cryptocurrency that takes no shortcuts on privacy and usability. Privacy isn’t just important, it’s essential to crypto’s success. Our vision is for Iron Fish to become a shielded layer for many more assets, even ones on different chains, and provide a platform for true digital cash.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on the core Iron Fish protocol and supporting tools. You will work collaboratively with our team members on developing new protocol features and focus on optimization, scale, and performance of a purely decentralized peer to peer (p2p) system.
The Iron Fish team is made up of curious, passionate, kind individuals who deeply care about making a product that's a pleasure to use. If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you :)
About Iron Fish
The Iron Fish mission is to enable free flow of assets through easy to use, accessible, and private cryptocurrency transactions.
Our product is a L1 blockchain with shielded transactions and multi-asset support. We are currently in Testnet, with plans to launch in early 2023.
We have support from some of the top VCs in the cryptocurrency world: a16z Crypto, Sequoia Capital, Electric Capital (Avichal Garg), Elad Gil, Metastable (Naval Ravikant and Lucas Ryan), A Capital (Kartik Talwar), Slow Ventures (Jill Carlson), Dylan Field (Figma), John Lilly, Jack Abraham (Atomic), Juan Benet (Filecoin), Jack Chou, Balaji Srinivasan, Lemniscap (Roderik van der Graaf), James Prestwich, and Linda Xie.
What should I expect working at Iron Fish?
You will be challenged and always learning. This project spans concepts of distributed systems, heavy-duty cryptography, UI/UX challenges of simplifying complex information, cross-chain communication, and much more.
You will be encouraged to think about world economies and what it takes to build a universal privacy layer for all crypto assets. You will build tools to bring equality to the global economy so that everyone has access to complete financial sovereignty.
We value kindness, curiosity, and the willingness to learn and to teach. 😊
What you’ll do:
As an engineer in a fast-growing company, the day-to-day may vary. But here is some of what you can expect to do:
- Develop the core Iron Fish node, implementing our network protocol for secure P2P transactions
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of Iron Fish users
- Written production-level backend code
- Passionate about privacy and privacy preserving tools
Nice to haves:
- Experience with blockchains (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum and other implementations)
- Interested in cryptography (e.g. zero-knowledge proofs)
- Computer Science (or equivalent) degree