Cryptography engineers at Iron Fish are specialized in practical and secure cryptographic protocols for blockchains. You will work to design, develop, and prove new and secure cryptographic protocols for a distributed system, using Zero Knowledge Proofs and other cutting-edge techniques.
If you are excited to work on uncharted territory in decentralized computing and cryptography, we are looking forward to meeting you!
About Iron Fish
The Iron Fish mission is to enable free flow of assets through easy to use, accessible, and private cryptocurrency transactions.
Our product is a L1 blockchain with shielded transactions and multi-asset support. We are currently in Testnet, with plans to launch in early 2023.
We have support from some of the top VCs in the cryptocurrency world: a16z Crypto, Sequoia Capital, Electric Capital (Avichal Garg), Elad Gil, Metastable (Naval Ravikant and Lucas Ryan), A Capital (Kartik Talwar), Slow Ventures (Jill Carlson), Dylan Field (Figma), John Lilly, Jack Abraham (Atomic), Juan Benet (Filecoin), Jack Chou, Balaji Srinivasan, Lemniscap (Roderik van der Graaf), James Prestwich, and Linda Xie.
What should I expect working at Iron Fish?
You will be challenged and always learning. This project spans concepts of distributed systems, heavy-duty cryptography, UI/UX challenges of simplifying complex information, cross-chain communication, and much more.
You will be encouraged to think about world economies and what it takes to build a universal privacy layer for all crypto assets. You will build tools to bring equality to the global economy so that everyone has access to complete financial sovereignty.
We value kindness, curiosity, and the willingness to learn and to teach. 😊
What you’ll do:
As an engineer in a fast-growing company, the day-to-day may vary. But here is some of what you can expect to do:
- Research and build upon best practices in blockchain cryptography
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of Iron Fish users
- You’ve worked on zk-SNARKs or zero knowledge cryptography
- You've written production-level code with demonstrable real-world impact
Nice to haves:
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc..)
- You've built production code with Rust
- You are familiar with zCash cryptography libraries, such as Sapling, Orchard, and Bellman
- You are interested in world economies or what it takes to build a global currency