Title: Low Latency Trading Platform Java Developer
Founded in 2013, GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. With more than 250 employees in 5 countries, we provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 30 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, and Citadel, among others, has developed one of the world’s most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled Java Software Developer with experience in working on low latency trading systems to join our proprietary trading team. The ideal candidate should have strong programming skills and a good understanding of financial markets.
The role responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance and low-latency trading systems using Java
- Work closely with quantitative analysts and researchers to understand business requirements and develop technical solutions
- Write well-structured, maintainable and efficient code optimised for low latency, throughput and scalability
- Build and maintain robust trading infrastructure to handle high volume of data and transactions
- Collaborate with other developers, DevOps engineers and IT support teams to ensure smooth operation of the trading systems
Who we are looking for:
You will be a disciplined self-starter with a high degree of motivation, analytical rigour and attention to detail. With a passion for communication and critical thinking.
- Strong proficiency in Java, including multithreading, concurrency, and networking
- Experience with flyweight based codecs such as SBE (Simple Binary Encoding)
- Experience with IPC (Inter Process Communication) over shared memory
- Familiarity with TCP and UDP (unicast and multicast)
- In depth knowledge of WebSocket, HTTP and FIX protocols
- Experience with techniques used to write garbage collection-free Java code
- Familiarity with financial markets and trading systems
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with Rust programming language
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes for containerisation and orchestration of trading applications
- Experience with cloud computing and distributed systems
- Experience with time-series databases and big data technologies
What we offer:
- A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance.
- Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus payments a year.
- Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
- Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, the US, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
- Regular Town Halls and offsites, team lunches and drinks.
- A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
- Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at www.gsr.io