Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is currently looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. As our first front-end engineer, you will work with our full stack engineers on owning the front-end code of Grayscale.com and our proprietary investor portal. Grayscale.com. In this role, you will collaborate closely with various internal stakeholders across Finance, Operations, Marketing, and Compliance. This collaborative environment will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside professionals from diverse backgrounds and gain insights into various aspects of the business.
Our tech stack is brand new, designed to leverage cutting-edge technologies and tools. We utilize AWS as our cloud platform, enabling scalable and secure infrastructure. Our infrastructure is managed using Terraform, with Kubernetes and Docker for containerization and deployment. We rely on GitLab for our CI/CD processes to ensure smooth and efficient software delivery. We’re currently using two CMS systems, Sanity and Optimizely, which we are looking to consolidate in 2024.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including design feedback, scoping, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and optimization of existing systems and applications.
- Advocate for a consistent, scalable, and reusable front end codebase to accelerate page development
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Grayscale.com and a proprietary investor portal application, ensuring its scalability, performance, and security.
- Provide estimates and recommendations on how to break up features for delivery via Jira project management
- Clearly and effectively communicate delays, and remediation across the organization
- Develop and maintain software systems that adhere to compliance requirements and support regulatory obligations.
- Effectively collaborate with our external integration partners to ensure high quality results
- Provide analysis on vendor products/frameworks advantages, limitations, and security
- Experience with SvelteKit or React and desire to learn both. The candidate should have an ability to explain the pros and cons of different front-end frameworks
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with engineering team and product managers
- Minimum of 2 years of front-end code experience
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., Svelte, React, Angular, Vue.js) and backend technologies (e.g., Node.js, Django, Spring).
- Proficient with building cloud based applications
- Experience with caching frameworks like Redis
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and on a face-paced team
- Bachelor’s Degree, coding boot camp, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in an agile environment
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a regulated industry and/or Financial Services
- Interest in digital assets/distributed networks and how they will reshape global finance
- Automation testing frameworks (Playwright)
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server) and proficiency in SQL.
- Experience building API integrations with third-party/vendor platforms
- Experience with Identity and Access Management platforms like Okta, Auth0
- Experience with queueing frameworks like SQS, Rabbit MQ
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.