Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale is seeking a highly capable, proactive communications generalist to help promote and protect Grayscale’s brand and reputation. The Communications Specialist will be a true business partner, responsible for supporting all of the Grayscale team’s strategic communications efforts.
The successful candidate for this role will need to be highly organized and detail-oriented; possess strong written and spoken communications skills; be comfortable engaging with c-suite members of a leadership team; have an ability to navigate the fast-paced media, ETF, and crypto industries; be deeply and inherently interested in how traditional and new media and messaging can impact business; and be willing to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously – all with a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
Ideally, this candidate will be genuinely excited about the opportunity to be part of a small, mighty in-house communications team, and will have accrued skills working as a communications consultant (at a comms firm or agency) that will help move the communications team and Grayscale’s business forward.
- Strategic Communications: Provide start to finish support on planning, execution, and measurement for all activities across Grayscale’s Communications department, partnering with members of the Communications team and reporting directly into Grayscale’s Head of Communications.
- Media Relations: Build relationships with a broad network of media contacts to drive proactive and reactive media strategies, including drafting press releases, talking points and related corporate messaging, deepening press and reporter relationships, and monitoring and analyzing key industry trends and news stories.
- Business Partner: Serve as the day-to-day contact for select Grayscale executives to drive executive visibility, including organizing in-person and virtual engagements/events from preparation through post-engagement feedback.
- Content Creation: Partner with various verticals of Grayscale’s business to ensure our content is interesting and timely, including supporting the development, maintenance, and dissemination of content for Grayscale’s The Source blog, as well as various employee, investor, marketing, and research content.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant communications experience at a communications agency/firm or high-growth company in a regulated environment
- Thoughtful, curious, self-motivated team player – with a solutions-oriented mindset and strong desire to listen, learn, and grow in the communications field
- Outstanding ability to synthesize complex information in both written and verbal form
- Firsthand experience writing across new mediums and formats, including press releases, blogs, talking points, core messaging, social copy, and more
- Highly organized and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Strong instincts and critical thinking skills, including an ability to think strategically and analytically about how macro trends may impact business
- Hands-on experience navigating various types of communications challenges and opportunities
- Prior experience with media relations, with experience in the financial services, fintech and/or technology industry preferred
- Prior experience working with c-level executives, preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.