Senior UI Designer
Gala is creating entertainment that empowers on the blockchain. Across our family of brands including Games, Music, Film and VOX, we’re empowering creators and fans to build the future of entertainment.
Powered by talent from around the globe, our fully remote organization believes in making bold moves to create products that have never been seen before in the marketplace. Gala was founded by Eric Schiermeyer (gaming legend and co-founder of Zynga), and Michael McCarthy (the Creative Director behind viral gaming hits such as Farmville 2). Since then, Gala has grown to be a leader in Web3 entertainment.
Under the Gala brand, we have a growing roster of reputable partners across Gaming and Entertainment including DreamWorks, AMC and NBCU. Plus, legendary game developers Peter Molyneux and Will Wright, as well as music greats like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Kings of Leon and BT.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you'll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences' lives in the real world.
And this is just the beginning…
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior UI Designer to join the Creative Team at Gala Entertainment. As an important member of the team, you’ll be responsible for creating consistently high quality UI and raising the bar for user interface design. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
Working closely with creative leads, you will be responsible for concepting and implementing key areas including UI, icons, menus, flow, and wireframes. You will also be working with both UX and Engineering teams in areas of flow and functionality, to ensure a seamless user experience. You must be a great communicator, flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
- Design and implement platform-specific user menus and interfaces and preserve the uniformity of the visual and logical aspects of the user interfaces for all platforms.
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.).
- Understand the implementations and respect technical constraints.
- Design user interface and HUD display systems that are visually appealing, intuitive and effective.
- Apply and maintain a consistent artistic standard for the entire interface of a project and respect brand guidelines.
- Design the functions, appearance and handling ease of the interface and prototypes by working in collaboration with game design and programming teams.
- Create models and other simple prototypes to consolidate the direction and design plans.
- Help establish current design priorities, shortcoming and find creative solutions.
- Design and create high-quality artistic elements by relying on your expertise in standard software such as Figma/XD/Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A deep understanding of UI / UX Design
- An eye for detail
- Strong Graphic Design skills
- A deep understanding of UI / UX Design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and iterate on icons/gear/iconography for game items
- Solid art foundation background and an understanding of composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, anatomy, lighting and color theory.
- Portfolio of work for consideration.
- Ability to self manage tasks in alignment with team/project and Art Lead.
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice -to- have Skills and Qualifications
- Self Starter and someone looking at solutions and solving problems
- Comfortable with working remotely on a full-time basis.
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
If you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!
Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.