The Site Manager position is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Mining Services, this cryptocurrency site manager will oversee our Cryptocurrency mining operations in Minden, NE.
The Site Manager is responsible for leading a talented team of employees and creating productive and efficient mining facilities. In addition, the Site Manager is responsible for driving a culture of professionalism, operational excellence, and creating a place where people love to work and build a career.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess good communication skills, excellent organizational skills, broad knowledge of business functions, and project management experience. The outstanding Manager of Facilities must understand the technical aspects of cryptocurrency mining, support day-to-day business operations, ensure efficient operation of facilities, mitigate risk, and ensure that mining operations meet the needs of clients.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
- Lead the site mining operations team, a 24x7 operation, to achieve operational excellence and SLA compliance.
- Hire, onboard, develop and manage a talented Site Operations team. Provide coaching and feedback to all team members to help them achieve their professional responsibilities and goals.
- Oversee asset Lifecycle Management from arrival to Data Center to RMA retirement.
- Manage operations to achieve deliverables within operational budget.
- Oversee Safety Training to continuously educate & evolve the team, ensuring employees follow safety rules and procedures.
- Develop goal setting for the performance and evolution of the Data Center.
- Support the Development and Maintenance of SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) & EOP's (Emergency Operation Procedures).
- Assist with product automation integration and support of Product Development Team.
- Define, maintain, and enforce performance metrics in all facets of the Data Center.
- Ensure timely and accurate repairs of equipment.
- Ensure employees are trained and understand how to complete the jobs they are performing.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Bitcoin and cryptocurrency mining and infrastructure.
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of Network, Electrical, Mechanical, and building systems.
- Proficient with Web-Based Programs, Excel, and Word Processing.
- 3 years in the technology field.
- Management experience.
- Ability to walk, reach, climb, stoop, and lift (up to 75 pounds).
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Flexible and fluid personality to adapt and adjust to the fast pace of a startup technology company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with others.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to commute/relocate.