Backend Team Lead
Founded in 2018 and already valued at over $8 billion, Fireblocks is a SaaS platform that helps companies to create innovative products on the blockchain and manage day-to-day crypto operations. Fireblocks is trusted by some of the largest financial institutions, banks, globally-recognized brands, and Web3 companies in the world, including BNY Mellon, BNP Paribas, ANZ Bank, Revolut, and thousands more, to securely scale digital asset operations through the Fireblocks Network and MPC-based wallet infrastructure. We have offices in New York, London, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, and we are continuing to expand our teams to reach new customers globally.
In the Blockchains group at Fireblocks, you will be responsible for researching and implementing integrations of innovative new blockchains to the Fireblocks platform.As part of your role, you will be expected to research and gain deep understanding about various blockchains. You will learn how to design and execute solutions for working with these state-of-the-art technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role as a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be instrumental in the development and maintenance of Fireblocks’ Blockchains Management Platform, including applications, services, and infrastructure. Your responsibilities will involve working with a modern backend stack development approach, encompassing microservices, databases, Kubernetes, CICD, and more.
You will be responsible for…
- Implementing modern BE applications and infrastructure in a microservices architecture, utilizing common networking protocols, object-oriented design, and cutting-edge techniques.
- Establishing a modern CICD pipeline in a microservices architecture, using best practices, tools, and techniques.
- Ensuring the robustness and maintainability of our BE services and the overall application.
- Collaborating effectively with other developers, engineers and other roles, while also showcasing independent problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrating a strong command of the blockchains ecosystem in high-load scenarios while staying updated with the latest technologies and practices.
- Dive deep into the latest blockchains, seamlessly incorporate them into our product, and become an expert in the fundamentals, protocols and features of the blockchains.
- Ensuring that Fireblocks platform remains at the forefront of blockchain technology!
What skills & experience you’ll bring to us:
To thrive in this role, you should bring the following qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience with C++ development.
- 5+ years of experience in backend, microservices architecture development.
- Versatile technical experience, spanning from OS level through application, including 3 or more of the following:
- Python Development
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Event Driven Architecture
- Linux Networking
- Cloud infrastructure
- GitHub Actions/Gitlab pipelines
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, proactiveness, and driving for success.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with Blockchains/cryptography ecosystem.
Fireblocks' mission is to enable every business to easily and securely access digital assets and cryptocurrencies. In order to do that, we strongly believe our workforce should be as diverse as our clients, and this is why we embrace diversity and inclusion in all its forms.