Exodus is looking for a DevOps Engineer who can support our business objectives by utilizing their rich Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience with Terraform. As a department, we have prioritized refining our internal engineering efforts and this role will be essential in accomplishing this objective. Successful collaboration, proactively taking on initiatives, and tackling complex problems are personal values that will be highly appealing for this position. We’re excited to meet people with lofty ambitions (just like ours), please come join this foundational team at Exodus.
What You Will Do
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure in AWS using Terraform & Terragrunt.
- Enforce best practices among the team’s Infrastructure as Code (IaC) contributions, primarily in Terraform.
- Spin up and maintain services in Kubernetes.
Who You Are
- Familiar with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, VPC, IAM, and more. Experience setting up, configuring, and managing these resources.
- Strong experience in writing, maintaining, and deploying infrastructure using Terraform. Ability to create reusable and modular Terraform scripts.
- Proficient in deploying, managing, and scaling containerized applications using Kubernetes. This includes understanding of pods, deployments, services, and statefulsets.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of security best practices, including configuring IAM roles and policies, secret management (e.g., using AWS Secrets Manager), and setting up secure Kubernetes configurations.
- Understanding of VPC, subnets, NAT, NACLs, load balancers, and DNS. Ability to architect and troubleshoot network configurations.
- Experience with maintaining & optimizing Postgres databases running on RDS/Aurora with TBs of data
Exodus is a multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet with a built-in exchange feature. We started our movement in 2015 and have been a distributed team since then. Our mission is to help half of the world exit the traditional financial system and move into the crypto financial system by the year 2030. To do that we want to make sure we hire the best of the best: people who are intrinsically motivated by what we are trying to achieve and who love what they do professionally.
What We Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
- 100% pay in Bitcoin with a buffer to account for price changes and exchange fees.
- All the tools you need to do the job
Health: Most of our health insurance plans are covered 100% for you and covered 50% for your dependents. We’ll also cover dental insurance. If you are outside of the United States, we will reimburse you up to $500 per month for any medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
PTO: 30 days of paid time off per year on top of a flexible schedule where you can work wherever and whenever. If you’re part-time with us, you’ll still receive 15 days of paid time off.
Unlimited Bereavement: We will pay you your full salary for the first two weeks for the loss of any immediate family members but we allow you to take all the time you need to grieve outside of that.
Parental Leave: 13 weeks of fully paid leave with and a month of flexible work for the primary caregiver. 4 weeks of paid leave if you are the child's secondary caregiver.
Tax Help: Getting paid in Bitcoin new to you? Don’t worry! We will reimburse you for speaking with a professional tax specialist in your state/country to make sure everything is taken care of.
Perks: Exodus offers a variety of seasonal perks such as coverage for gym memberships and therapy. We also offer quarterly Wellness Days! We want to make sure all of our employees know they are our priority and give back for your hard work often.
Our Hiring Process
To apply, we'd love to learn more about you. Please answer our application questions! Submitting a resume is optional.
Our hiring process consists of several different stages.
Recruiter Interview: If we like your initial application, expect to schedule an interview with a member of our recruitment team. This interview will focus on getting to know you a bit more and will focus on explaining the culture of the company. We want to know more about why you want to join our team, how you feel about our mission and cryptocurrency now and how it fits into your overall career plan to make sure this is the right place for you.
Assessments: Not every role consists of an assessment but if yours does it will be directly related to the job you apply for.
Interview with your future manager: This is to make sure that you are a fit for the role you are applying to and to explore your career history. In this interview, we’ll learn more about the hard and soft skills you possess to help determine if you’d be a good fit for us.
Interview(s) with your future colleagues: We call these focus interviews and they are a time for you to learn more about your role from someone you will closely collaborate with. It’s also a time for us to see how we align in terms of competencies and expected outcomes of the role.