Digital Currency Group
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, Digital Currency Group is the most active investor in the blockchain sector with a mission to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the proliferation of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the industry, backing more than 200 blockchain-related companies in over 35 countries. DCG also invests directly in digital currencies and other digital assets.
We passionately believe digital currency and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build over the long term.
What is the Role:
As an Office Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of our office headquarters located in Stamford, CT. Your responsibilities will involve overseeing various aspects of office management, with a focus on maintaining a well-organized, functional workspace and driving process improvement. Additionally, you will be required to step in as a backup for the mailroom and reception when needed and ensure optimal functioning of these areas on a day-to-day basis. The Office Manager should be passionate about building relationships with the company and its tenants and providing office support, tactical execution and have a “no task too small” ethos.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
Office Maintenance and Facilities Management:
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized office environment.
- Oversee and manage office supplies inventory, ensuring timely replenishment and well-organized supplies.
- Coordinate with maintenance and cleaning staff to address any facility-related issues promptly.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify areas that need improvement and follow up with necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain and prepare conference rooms / event spaces for meetings and events, coordinating with IT and kitchen staff as needed.
- Partner with Facilities Director on communications related to the facility and help to manage the inbox.
- Assist with sorting and distributing incoming mail and packages.
- Handle outgoing mail and coordinate with courier services.
- Maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Ensure mailroom equipment is properly functioning and coordinate repairs if needed.
- Provide coverage for the reception desk during breaks, vacations, or absences.
- Greet visitors, clients, and employees in a friendly and professional manner.
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate individuals or departments.
- Maintain the reception area's appearance and ensure it is organized and welcoming.
Vendor and Contractor Management:
- Collaborate with external vendors, contractors, and building engineers to schedule and oversee necessary services, such as maintenance, repairs, and office improvements.
- Evaluate vendor performance and negotiate contracts to ensure cost-effectiveness and quality services.
Health and Safety Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and company policies.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and address any identified issues.
- Organize and implement emergency evacuation plans and procedures.
Space Planning and Office Layout:
- Work with management to plan and optimize office space and layout.
- Coordinate office relocations and assist with the setup of new workstations.
Budgeting and Expense Management:
- Assist in creating and managing the facilities budget.
- Monitor expenses related to office supplies, maintenance, and vendor services
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certifications in facilities management or related fields are a plus.
- Proven experience in office administration, facilities management, or a similar role.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with employees, vendors, and visitors at all levels.
- Proficient in using office software and applications (e.g., MS Office Suite, facility management software).
- Problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to addressing facility-related challenges.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- The role is based in our state-of-the-art, waterfront office in Stamford, CT. The Office Manager is required to be on-site Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
What We Offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating start-up environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.