Senior Backend Engineer I (Vancouver)
A little about you:
- Technical Proficiency: You have the ability to quickly gain proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages. You thrive in challenging technical environments and are unafraid to explore new tools and approaches to solve complex problems.
- Problem Solving: You excel at unblocking team members when they face technical challenges, demonstrating your ability to make steady progress on tasks and knowing when to seek help to overcome obstacles.
- Communication: You are a strong communicator, capable of collaborating effectively with non-technical functions such as Product and Design teams. You understand how your work fits into larger projects and can identify and address potential issues with project requirements.
- Ownership and Prioritization: You take ownership of small-to-medium tasks, ensuring they are planned and executed effectively. You can prioritize tasks effectively, avoiding unnecessary focus on unimportant details.
- Support: You are capable of providing support for your area, even in parts that you may not be familiar with. You work well within a team and can adapt to different aspects of your role as needed.
The following considered a bonus:
- Familiarity with our commonly used technology choices, including Golang, GraphQL, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in developing DApps or interacting with blockchains.
- Understanding of the deployment process, with comfort using tools like Docker, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture, including familiarity with Kafka, and comfort with eventual consistency across multiple services.
- Strong understanding of application and API security best practices.
- $132,000 - $167,000 CAD base salary + stock options