Business Analyst - Platform Engineering
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our Platform Engineering team is responsible for DRW’s highly available and highly scalable platforms where the firm’s most critical workloads are run. The platform engineering team delivers these platforms with a strong focus on availability, resiliency, swift response to issues, and a focus on reducing operational workload. We are looking for a skilled and motivated Business Analyst that will work with Platform Engineering to improve service delivery to meet the firm’s business needs and help solve some of our toughest infrastructure problems.
This role bridges the gap between technically focused infrastructure teams in Platform Engineering and the front, mid, and back-office business units that depend on them. It requires a blend of understanding both business and technical problems as well as the communication skills to work with teams to find the best solution and coordinate its delivery.
As Platform Engineering’s Business Analyst, you will be working on:
- Requirements Gathering: Own gathering requirements from our stakeholders with a focus on understanding the problems we need to solve and why they’re
- Process Improvement: Identify key areas where we can decrease manual labor, churn, and toil with improved processes, delivering increased efficiency and quality of life improvements.
- Solution Design: Work with Platform Engineering teams and external stakeholders to plan and design solutions that meet business and quality requirements while reducing operational load.
- Relationships: Facilitate building bridges and connections between Platform Engineering and other teams within DRW’s IT organization and front, mid, and back-office business units with a focus on building and growing sustainable relationships.
- Roadmaps: Help drive product and project roadmaps and scheduling of resources.
- Documentation: Create and maintain documentation of Platform Engineering’s processes and services we offer to the business.
- You value fostering strong and meaningful relationships and helping others to build and sustain them.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and pride yourself in building connections between teams to make them more than the sum of their parts when working on complex projects.
- An innate curiosity and a drive to understand the “whys” and root causes behind problems and the drive to broaden your knowledge in your investigations.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to translate business requirements into specific and prioritized objectives that can be delivered by technical teams.
- A passion for identifying where common solutions can be applied to solve an entire class of business needs or problems.
- A strong attention to detail and a preference for action.
- An understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
- Experience with process mapping, workflow analysis, and process optimization.
The following experience and skills are desirable, but not required:
- General experience with relevant technology stacks, including but not limited to networking, Linux, Kubernetes, and database technologies, though you need not be a technologist.
- Prior experience with datacenter information management (DCIM) tools such as d42 and workflow management such as ServiceNow or Jira.
- Familiarity with interpreted languages like Bash shell, Python, or Ruby.
- Prior experience in product and/or project management.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.