Technical Operations Engineer
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Technical Operations Engineer supporting Global Delta One trading activity, you’ll provide support to a group of trading desks based in London. This is an opportunity to solve challenging problems while working closely with experienced traders and software engineers to choose the right tools and solutions for the job.
- Act as process super-user for current systems, providing critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows and processes necessary for the London operation
- Act as process super-user for current workflows, resolving issues that may arise between internal groups at DRW and multiple external exchanges, clearers, and counterparties
- Liaise with technical personnel to secure proper support and coverage for ongoing operations as well as procure enhancements for insufficient or new workflows
- Ensure accurate processing of trade lifecycle both internally and externally
- Work alongside traders to fully support execution workflow
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture and inventory management necessary to support each desk’s activity
- Focus on process efficiency, risk reduction, and alignment with DRW standards
- Experience within a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund or other buy-side organisation
- Strong background in European equities; ideally with exposure to supporting other ancillary products
- Substantial prior interaction with the front office and senior management in an active trading environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject or economics and finance
- Working knowledge of python scripting is required
- Experience working and troubleshooting in a linux environment
- Familiarity with network communication protocols, such as TCP and multicast
- Exposure to databases and SQL querying
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to analyse problems, synthesise and implement solutions thereto
- Demonstrated ability to own and navigate technical issues and interact successfully with technology personnel
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.