EU and UK Financial Crime Compliance Officer
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
What you will do in this role:
- Act as the MLRO/SMF17 for DRW’s UK trading entities and the Designated AML/CTF Officer in for DRW’s Dutch trading entities
- Reporting to EU/UK Head of Compliance
- Responsible for maintaining, implementing and overseeing EU and UK Financial Crime Policy
- Responsible for DRW’s AML/CTF programme in the EU and UK
- Reviewing new relevant legislation and guidance
- Ensuring onboarding, monitoring and refresh programmes are appropriately designed and executed
- Reporting suspicious activity to the relevant authorities
- Drafting and presenting escalations to the SAR committee
- Point of contact for AML with regulators, independent reviewers and auditors
- Drafting and presenting annual reports and risk assessments to the EU and UK Boards, providing AML Management Information to quarterly Board meetings
- Engage with wider DRW internal AML/CTF stakeholders globally, contribute to global process design and implementation
- Undertake, with Compliance colleagues, AML/CTF reviews of SDD, CDD and EDD counterparties
- Assist with counterparty due diligence questions relating to our AML/CTF programme.
- Monitoring daily sanctions alerts of counterparties and restricted products
- Evaluating new sanctions and adapting processes to mitigate new risks
- Engage with DRW internal stakeholders on other Financial Crime risks such as fraud, data integrity and bribery/corruption
- Responsible for the Financial Crime risks on the EU and UK risk registers
- Responsible for maintaining, implementing and overseeing the EU/UK Financial Crime training programmes
- Undertake ad-hoc Compliance projects
What is needed for this role:
- Minimum of 10 years’ Compliance experience in Financial services
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in AML/CTF Compliance
- In depth knowledge of EU and UK anti money laundering regulations and guidance
- Knowledge of EU and UK sanctions regimes, knowledge of US regime a plus
- Experience of working with trading firms or Exchanges a plus
- Existing MLRO/ Designated AML/CTF Officer or deputy looking to make the step up
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization
- Must have strong business acumen and the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to identify trends and root issues, and to recommend solutions that support the company’s business objectives
- Must have strong organisational and presentation skills and a professional demeanor
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.