EU Energy Compliance Officer
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As the EU Energy Compliance Officer, you’ll lead the Compliance oversight of all power and gas trading in the EU and UK, both physical and financial, encompassing development and enforcement of compliance policies and procedures, the surveillance, monitoring, reporting and providing compliance education and advice to internal trading businesses.
What you will do in this role:
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of compliance policies, procedures and internal controls that comply with all relevant standards
- Advise on the Compliance requirements for new Energy trading initiatives
- Manage regulatory reporting requirements including reporting to individual state energy authorities and pan European reporting such as REMIT.
- Address day-to-day compliance-related questions regarding trades, trading strategies, the application of technology to trading methodologies, research, and back-office operations
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of relevant policies and procedures; recommend and implement enhancements and changes as needed
- Contribute to energy sector specific market abuse risk assessments and the design and development of new surveillance tools.
- Undertake surveillance reviews and trade desk audits
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as trading venues, TSOs, SSOs and regulatory agencies
- Undertake ad-hoc compliance projects such as due diligence reviews
- Track relevant regulatory and trading developments and provide impact assessments
- Assist in the ongoing enhancement and implementation of the compliance training programs
What is needed for this role:
- Minimum of 8 years' of Energy markets compliance experience required
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required
- Must have strong knowledge of EU/UK physical gas markets and infrastructure.
- Understanding of EU/UK physical power markets and infrastructure preferred.
- Working knowledge of EU/UK financial energy markets is required
- Understanding of EU and UK REMIT reporting, and individual EU state reporting requirements is required
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization
- Must have strong business acumen and the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to identify trends and root issues, and to recommend solutions that support the company’s business objectives
- Must have strong organizational and presentation skills and a professional demeanor
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.