Accounts Payable Coordinator (18 Month Contract)
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are currently looking for a talented Accounts Payable professional to join our Accounting & Finance team in our Montreal office. *This is a fixed term 18 month contract position. *
What you’ll do in this role:
- Log invoices received by email, fax or regular post in internal tool
- Work closely with purchasing and other internal teams to resolve any questions or issues related to the invoice processing
- Process invoices into accounting system through purchasing system and/or other internal systems
- Analyze information related to invoice processing through various systems
- Create new supplier records in MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting system
- Issue payments by cheque, wire or ACH/EFT
- Perform tasks related to 5-day close of accounts payables cycle
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various accruals and other general journal entries as needed
- Utilize Concur (travel & expense system) to process expense reports when needed
- Respond to various queries from vendors and internal stakeholders/departments
- Prepare ad hoc reports
What’s needed in this role:
- Strong Accounting knowledge and Accounts Payable experience
- Experience creating journal entries preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Fast learner with strong sense of responsibility
- Proven ability to handle deadlines, pressure in a constantly evolving environment
- Must have high level of enthusiasm, initiative and strong follow through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English required
- Previous experience working with MS Dynamics Great Plains and Concur is strongly preferred
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at: https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.