Inventory & Shipping Specialist
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As an Inventory and Shipping Specialist, you’ll be a member of our global procurement team that is responsible for managing the full procurement life cycle across a wide variety of assets, with a heavy emphasis on technology products and hardware. In this role, you’ll handle day-to-day shipping and receiving activities, track inventory, and get involved in inventory analysis and forecasting.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have a minimum of A Levels or equivalent studies (higher education is considered an asset)
- Have a minimum of 1 year of logistics experience (in IT or Telecom related discipline would be an asset)
- Have excellent knowledge of MS office suite, collaboration tools and web-based tools
- Have experience with Helpdesk Applications such as JIRA, Wrike, ServiceNow etc.
- Able to understand complex IT equipment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Unafraid to challenge consensus, ask questions and demonstrate ownership
- Resourcefulness, intelligence and creative thinking are celebrated and vital assets
What you’ll be working on:
- Work closely with stakeholders to define shipping requirements and delivery specifications; prioritise all requests according to stakeholder needs
- Maintain the integrity of asset data; report and present inventory data to stakeholders
- Receive incoming shipments and communicate status with internal stakeholders
- Work closely with internal teams and departments to efficiently store, track and report on stock inventory levels
- Manage the shipping and receiving process, asset tag equipment and perform data entry in Asset Management systems
- Perform inventory counts and checks on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and report to the Purchasing team for stock refills where required
- Manage international shipments through the entire process from creating shipping labels and clearing customs to confirming delivery, whilst ensuring that the shipping ticket is kept up to date with progress
- Proactively communicate shipment status to internal stakeholders
- Ownership over logistics partnerships
- Arrange local couriers and mail delivery
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.