DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As an Operations Specialist, your work will involve reconciliation, balancing of accounts, profit-and-loss calculation and analysis, trade capture and a variety of other activities to support the firm’s trading activities in various asset classes. In this role, you’ll have regular, direct interaction with a variety of teams, including finance, technology, operations, and the front office. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of professionalism is paramount.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Perform detailed trade, position, and valuation reconciliation
- Provide assistance in trade capture for all products related to the firm’s activity
- Field reconciliation-related inquiries from a variety of teams within the firm
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation
- Support trade management activities, such as processing exercises and assignments, corporate actions, box transfers, currency conversions, etc.
- Research and design analytical tools to be integrated into daily procedures
- Adopt, integrate, and promote new technology as it becomes available
- Provide experienced direction and assistance to teammates across all product classes
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- Seven or more years of experience in detail-oriented role in the financial markets industry, ideally in a front office, middle office, back office, or risk management capacity
- Experience with futures, futures options, equities, equity options, FX, bonds, swaps, cryptocurrencies or other financial derivatives or products
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Previous experience with SQL or VBA
- Comfort working with a variety of software and with technologists to identify technology needs and implement solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or another quantitative field
- Demonstrated high level of customer service and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be successful collaboratively or independently
- Proven ability to understand challenging problems, find solutions, and drive process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to understand big picture and anticipate downstream impacts
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.