Middle Office Operations Specialist - Interest Rates
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk. Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Middle Office Operations Specialist – Interest Rates will work closely with a number of internal and external teams to resolve issues quickly and add value by executing a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow through. Complete ownership of tasks and responsibilities will be integral to an individual’s success and fulfillment in this position. This role requires a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This individual will need to be intellectually curious, intuitive, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards.
- Perform daily trade support and implement process improvement to optimize operational control within fixed income & global macro trading businesses
- Ensure accurate trade capture, position management & inventory continuity day to day
- Perform front to back reconciliation of life cycle events primarily for rates trading business – products include bonds, bond futures, listed options and interest rate derivatives
- Responsible for reconciliation of basic Risk and P&L
- Provide back-up operational support for other products including FX, equities and equity options
- Gain strong understanding of the settlement process for OTC products
- Support project management as needed between trading and other internal teams
- Act as a liaison between trading teams and counterparties to resolve pricing/risk/allocation inaccuracies
- Monitor trade flow from electronic trading platforms (Bloomberg, TradeWeb, etc.) and Affirmation Platforms (MarkitWire)
- Act as process owner for current functionality and provide critical support regarding enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes including:
- Gaining strong understanding of traders’ individual risk management tools and support of related traders’ needs
- Upgrading and supporting traders’ tools to take advantage of technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Interfacing with technology teams to improve the firm’s tools and technology where they fall short of meeting the desk’s needs
- Adopting, integrating, and promoting new technology as it becomes available
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably in finance, economics, applied mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science, or a related quantitative field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in fixed income securities or IR derivatives middle office, operations or settlements capacity
- Knowledge of and familiarity with financial markets, fixed income products & derivatives (US Govt Bonds, Exchange Traded Futures/Options, Interest Rate Swaps)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of interest rate risk (Duration, DV01, basis points) and familiarity with yield curves
- Experience with MarkitWire/streetwide affirmation platforms
- SQL/Python/Power Query experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL database integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to independently to analyze problems and synthesize and implement solutions
- Proven track record of process improvement
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.