Middle Office Operations Specialist - FX
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk. Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Middle Office Operations Specialist – FX will work closely with a number of internal and external teams to resolve issues quickly and add value by executing a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow through. Complete ownership of tasks and responsibilities will be integral to an individual’s success and fulfillment in this position. This role requires a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This individual will need to be intellectually curious, intuitive, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards.
- Perform daily trade support and implement enhancements to optimize controls within the global macro trading businesses
- Ensure accurate trade capture, position management & inventory continuity day over day
- Perform front to back reconciliation of life cycle events for Global FX/FX Option/FX Exotic currency pairs (inclusive of all option expiry events)
- Monitor trade flow from electronic trading platforms (Bloomberg, Dealer Platforms, etc.) and the processing on FX PB Platforms
- Act as a liaison between trading teams and counterparties to resolve booking/allocation/clearing inaccuracies
- Responsible for Live/EOD position reconciliation
- Act as process owner for current workflows and provide project support regarding enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes including:
- Gaining strong understanding of traders’ individual risk management tools and support of related traders’ needs
- Upgrading and supporting traders’ tools to take advantage of technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Interfacing with technology teams to improve the firm’s tools and technology where they fall short of meeting the desk’s needs
- Adopting, integrating, and promoting new technology as it becomes available
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably in finance, economics, applied mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science, or a related quantitative field
- Previous experience in FX Global Trading Support role preferred (derivatives middle office, front office desk support, etc)
- LATAM/Emerging Market FX experience a plus
- SQL/Python/Power Query experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL database integration
- Traiana experience (or similar confirmation platforms) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently analyze problems and communicate effectively with the team to drive solutions
- Proven track record of implementing process improvements
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.