Software Engineer - Risk Technology
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The UP - Risk team is a domain engineering team in the Unified Platform organization. UP consolidates data and technologies into a comprehensive solution, accelerating time to market. Optimizing decision-making and research, our platform simplifies implementing new ideas, enhancing our competitive edge. UP teams are divided into a few team segments: Business, Domain, Platform, and Coordination. Domain engineering teams own a collection of data and services aligned to a specific domain within trading and finance.
The Risk team is responsible for the end of the Risk pipeline, creating and maintaining APIs that consolidate the data other teams generate to provide our users with multiple ways of reporting and working with it.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer with diverse technical and interpersonal skills to join us in the next step of our development as we significantly expand our technical capabilities, enabling us to have an even greater impact across the firm.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it.
While previous experience working within trading and/or finance is beneficial, we are looking for talented and thoughtful software engineers, not specific industry experience.
- Work on a small team as a self-starter, with flexibility and adaptability as the team's priorities adjust to market conditions.
- Keep open communication with our users for support, testing, and understanding of their needs.
- Hands-on development, design, testing and maintenance of proprietary applications; both existing systems, and greenfield development on new capabilities.
- Provide on-call support as part of our team-wide rotation
- Development primarily in Elixir, with a small handful of systems in Python, Java and C++.
- Experience with relational databases and S3-compatible storage
- Experience building distributed, concurrent, or parallel systems
- Experience dealing first hand with users and product/project management
- Fluent in functional programming languages
- Proficient with distributed version control systems and asynchronous collaborative workflows.
- Competent in CI/CD, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Elixir/Erlang, or a similar functional programming language.
- Data structures and design/analysis of algorithms.
- Knowledge of financial math, linear algebra, discrete mathematics, and statistics.
- Possesses the ability to learn, adapt and grow
- Demonstrates personal humility, respect for others, and trust in their teammates
- Demonstrates patience and personal skills dealing with end users.
- Capable of independently driving projects to completion but prefers collaborating with teammates
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills, but has better listening and communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.