Software Engineer, Commodities Trading
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
A rapidly expanding global trading desk is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team in Houston. In this role, you’ll be expected to design, development and test proprietary trading software. The firm has built up a significant set of tools and technology, which you will have access to. You will be expected to pragmatically focus on business value by leveraging our existing tools and infrastructure wherever possible.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Build out real time trade management and risk analysis algorithms and visualization tools.
- Write performance sensitive code and algorithms.
- Support the trading desk’s research & analysis workflows - utilizing and extending DRW’s in house data analysis infrastructure.
- Work directly with traders, developers and researchers in a tight knit team to develop infrastructure, tools, visualizations, and trading strategies.
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work directly with your software’s users
- Leadership skills and a team orientated mentality
- Experience working in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding industry, developing business critical applications
Required technical experience:
- Java – at least 5 years of full stack experience writing Java servers running on Linux
Nice to have:
- Trading industry is experience is preferred but not required
- C/C++ - ability to maintain and integrate native code – e.g. integrating a C++ library into a Java system
- Web UIs – you should be able to write user interface code to present the majority of our tools to users
- Rust – we use Rust where performance matters
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.