Natural Gas Scheduler
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Natural Gas Scheduler:
We are looking for a candidate to join our 24/7 shift Natural Gas Physical Operations team as part of our European Natural Gas trading desks. The team will manage the optimization of the gas portfolio both within day and out of hours to ensure the efficient nomination of all positions and flows across Europe and the UK markets.
The team will work closely with the Asset Trading team to maximize the potential profits from the portfolio within day.
- Primary responsibilities include: assist with the buildout of the physical natural gas scheduling function including systems, processes, and reports
- Nominate the Within Day and Day Ahead gas positions across European trading hubs and through the UK – Continent interconnectors to all relevant TSOs
- Check confirmations returned from TSOs
- Provide support to Asset Trading team through the development of strategies to increase profitability of the portfolio and balance the positions out of hours
- Minimize imbalances
- Optimize the various storage and transport products in the portfolio to generate PnL out of hours especially in reaction to short term shift in the market
- Coordinate with functional groups such trade support, settlements, etc on the trade lifecycle processes to ensure efficiency and proper controls
- Check futures positions with the Asset Trading team to assist with their forward hedging/optimization
5+ years previous experience in a natural gas scheduler role, including 24x7 coverage requirements
Strong knowledge of the European and UK natural gas grid, including storage facilities and interconnects, and country specific requirements
Prior interaction with Front Office personnel in an active trading environment
ETRM implementation experience (Endur preferred)
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Logistics or equivalent
Ability to work independently and quickly solve problems to minimize operational risk
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.