Gas Trading Strategist
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Gas Trading Strategist at DRW, you will play a pivotal role in collaborating closely with our Portfolio Managers to drive profitable trading strategies and optimize our gas portfolio.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Continuously develop and enhance sophisticated trading models and tools to gain valuable insights into gas trading dynamics.
- Utilize advanced models to formulate strategic trade concepts, with a focus on European gas trading hubs.
- Create demand, supply, optimization, and storage models for the European gas balances.
- Lead efforts in portfolio optimization, leveraging comprehensive models and innovative tools.
- Ensure portfolio robustness by applying additional volumes to specific trade ideas as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in gas trading or a related field.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing trading strategies.
- Advanced quantitative skills including proficiency in probability and statistics.
- Demonstrated expertise in utilizing sophisticated models and tools for trade idea generation and portfolio optimization.
- Strong proficiency in analyzing European gas trading hubs and spreads.
- Hands-on programming and scripting experience with Python
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.