Application Support Specialist (1:00am Shift)
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our Global Data Dynamics team is growing. As an Application Support Specialist (1:00am shift), you will be responsible for providing mission critical support for our proprietary trading applications as well as provide support for the traders. This role performs a wide variety of technical troubleshooting and engineering work, including software deployment, software configuration, and system monitoring. You will work in a dynamic trading environment that provides new technical challenges constantly, alongside highly skilled colleagues such as Software Developers and Traders.
What is needed in this role:
- Early shift (starting at 1 to 4 am and finishing at 9 to 12 depending on trade schedule)
- Client-focused, service minded approach and strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes
- Ability to handle high pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organization skills, including ability to effectively plan and organize
- Able to understand and grasp new concepts quickly
- Escalate in an efficient manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good System Technical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Punctual and Reliable
Bonus points for:
- Network fundamentals
- Analytical skills
Daily tasks include:
- Operations and maintenance of Real Time Trade Systems during the early shift schedule
- Staying up to date on latest software and process changes, tending to real time systems accordingly
- Troubleshooting any system issues or outages, and escalating whenever necessary
- Creating Reports related to Operations surrounding Trading events
- Suggesting system and process improvements to the team
- Perform scheduled tasks and deployments
- Proprietary System configurations and review with the Ops team
- Documentation of various nature
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at: https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.