Software Development Engineer in Test
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Software Development Engineer in Test – Core and Strategy roles at DRW provide support, testing, and expertise to our company’s core trading applications. As a SDET, you will develop and execute automated test plans and cases for applications that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. There are two teams with SDET positions open for this posting: Core Team and Strategy Team; be sure to look at the specific team scopes below to see if you fit one team more than the others.
As you learn and progress in your career as a SDET at DRW, you will become the main line of defense for preventing bugs and issues from making it to production while becoming the expertise in your area to support production releases, feature development, and software expansion. SDETs at DRW are encouraged to communicate with developers, project managers, team leads, traders, and anyone needed to ensure the highest quality product with the most stable and timely releases. As you grow your skills and knowledge, your opinions and contributions will be heard and valued, as you become a vital member of the development to production pipeline.
- Develop and maintain Python Pytest tests using a proprietary testing framework.
- Work directly with developers to understand the functionality of their code or features to expand test coverage as needed.
- Work with project managers and team leads to help plan and coordinate release of new features or applications.
- Understand what level of regression and feature testing is needed to release products to production on time.
- Contribute to maintaining and expanding the testing framework.
- Properly prioritize multiple features, applications, or products to ensure timely and quality delivery.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Skills: Python, Pytest, Experience with OOP (not just scripting), JSON, Kubernetes, SQL.
- Experience working with trading systems.
- Experience with Linux OS and preferred Mac OS.
- Experience working in fast-paced development environments and working with dynamic data and complex systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience.
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve.
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through.
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure.
- Bonus: Experience with C++
- Core Team Bonus: Previous experience testing order adapters, market data applications, risk and position management functionality, exchange connectivity.
- Strategy Team Bonus: Previous experience testing trading strategies and algorithms, working with traders directly, interacting with Options, Futures, Equities, Currency, and Crypto markets and exchanges.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.