Associate General Counsel - Energy
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters – it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW is currently seeking an Associate General Counsel to work closely with our European Power and Gas trading team in our London office.
- Supervise the review, negotiation and execution of ISDA and EFET master agreements, long-form confirms and related agreements in accordance with company templates and guidelines and in coordination with Legal, Credit, Origination, Tax and Commercial teams
- Work with internal Compliance team to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance with applicable legal regimes
- Assist Credit and Treasury teams with documentation relating to guaranties and letters of credit
- Manage workflow of other commercial agreements, including pipeline agreements, storage agreements, confidentiality agreements and vendor agreements
- Develop and maintain contract review guidelines and templates based on business input
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of legal experience in energy trading industry
- Must have experience drafting and negotiating ISDA and EFET documentation
- Ability to work with outside counsel efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization and collaborate with other support groups
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.