Associate General Counsel
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and digital assets.
DRW is currently seeking an Associate General Counsel to join our team in our Singapore office.
- Commercial Contracts: Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts, including trading related agreements, software licenses, data licenses and other technology agreements, leases, services agreements, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Regulatory: Support development and implementation of new business opportunities in the digital asset space and on traditional securities and other exchanges, monitor regulatory changes for existing business lines to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable law and regulations, including liaising with outside counsel. Stay current on legal trends relevant to DRW’s business, in particular with respect to digital assets.
- Transactions: Manage legal aspects of joint ventures, trading transactions and other complex transactions. Advise internal business teams on all stages of transactions from initial discussions, to initial documentation and definitive documentation and then ongoing post-execution support. Lead legal negotiations with third parties. Coordinate with internal subject matter experts, internal support groups and outside counsel.
- Corporate Governance: Assist with maintenance of entities in the APAC region within the DRW corporate umbrella, including drafting intercompany agreements and managing corporate governance matters as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4 - 10 years of experience as a practicing lawyer, ideally qualified in a commonwealth or APAC jurisdiction
- Experience with transactional work relating to trading, finance, technology and/or digital assets in the APAC region required
- Exposure to regulatory issues relating to digital assets is a plus, but not required
- Must be comfortable working independently and on tight timelines
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the firm
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.