Power & Gas Strategist
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Power & Gas Strategist to join our team. As a Power & Gas Strategist, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our market strategies, leveraging your expertise in Power and Gas structuring and analytics. This role demands a strong analytical mindset, exceptional modeling proficiency, and a deep understanding of derivatives pricing.
- Power and Gas Structuring: Utilize your 3-7 years of experience in Power and Gas structuring to develop and implement effective strategies that optimize our position in the market.
- Analytics and Modeling: Apply advanced modeling techniques to analyze market trends, assess risk exposure, and evaluate potential opportunities in the Power and Gas sector.
- Derivatives Pricing: Leverage your expertise to model and price derivatives, providing valuable insights into potential risks and returns associated with various transactions.
- Structured Transactions Analysis: Conduct comprehensive analyses of structured transactions, identifying potential areas for optimization and improvement.
- Market Research: Stay updated with industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging technologies to inform decision-making and develop innovative strategies.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams including trading, risk management, and finance to ensure alignment and seamless execution of strategies.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, or a related technical field. A Ph.D. in a technical field is preferred.
- 3-7 years of Power and Gas structuring and analytics experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as Python and SQL
- Strong foundational knowledge and practical experience in productionalizing derivatives models
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis and statistical methods.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Insert at bottom of every job posting:
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.