Junior Equity Trader
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our Trading Team is growing and we are looking for a Junior Equity Trader for a full-time position in Montreal. As an Equity Trader, you will be responsible for the research and execution of trading strategies with a focus on corporate earnings. You will be integral in the interaction between various development teams and you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a strong interest in learning about corporate earnings and global markets.
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, political science or law
- Are able to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Enjoy detail oriented work
- Able to operate within the rules defined by the team
- Able to handle a highly variable work schedule
What you’ll be working on:
- Developing and executing trade strategies with a focus on corporate earnings
- Conducting in depth research on single name equities
- Monitoring fundamental, geopolitical, and macroeconomic news and its impact across financial markets and how it relates to corporate earnings
- Researching and analyzing trends across major market sectors
- Collaborating with various departments on the development, and implementation of trade strategies
- Maintaining various custom technologies and systems
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at: https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.