DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Onboarding Specialist will shepherd and help execute all aspects of the trading counterparty onboarding process, including gathering due diligence information, communicating status updates internally and externally, answering counterparty questions, and escalating issues internally as needed. You’ll be responsible for providing high touch support to counterparties throughout the entire onboarding lifecycle. The work is independent, but you will be part of a fun, dynamic team with full support from your manager and teammates.
- Manage all aspects of counterparty onboardings and periodic refreshes from end to end
- Be the main point of contact and liaise directly with the counterparty to ensure all information is received and disseminated. Review/vet information provided by counterparty and question inconsistencies as a preliminary check.
- Liaise with our internal teams to gather and disseminate information in order for them to conduct their checks/required tasks (e.g. compliance team to conduct KYC due diligence, legal to review/execute any required agreements, risk/credit to complete credit checks, tax to provide relevant tax documents, etc.) while at the same time fully understanding the steps that each internal groups takes to complete their task.
- Manage competing priorities and keep internal trading teams and stakeholders informed of status throughout the entire onboarding process and escalate issues as needed
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in accordance with DRW’s policies
- Recommend, develop, and implement solutions to support continuous improvement to our processes and procedures
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, Legal Studies, and/or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably working in financial services, compliance, or legal environment
- Background in KYC requirements/regulations would be helpful
- Ability to effectively analyze/vet counterparty information and documentation in order to facilitate account opening
- Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle challenging deadlines; high sense of urgency
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and positive team player focused on achieving team success
- Knowledge of financial industry products and trends
- Proven relationship management skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.